Re-Elect Regina Hill
It has been my honor to serve as your Orlando City Commissioner for District 5 for the past eight years. I look forward to your support and vote on November 2, 2021.
The Work Being Done in District 5
● Helped create and bring over 1,400 new affordable single and multifamily units to District Five since 2016.
● Established a total of 957 new multifamily units to District Five, which will be created under phase one of the ongoing Creative Village project.
● Advocated and helped create the City's Housing First Innovative that has covered 70% of the rent for more than 380 of our district's most vulnerable residents.
● Worked with the Orlando Union Rescue Mission that brought transitional apartments to District Five.
● Worked and advocated to help bring the EA Orlando Studio to Downtown Orlando creating 800 to 1,000 high-wage jobs.
● A new Valencia College facility in the Parramore area was opened which hosts an Accelerated Skills Training Program helping residents prepare for high-demand, higher-wage careers.
● Advocated for over 2 million dollars in annual investments to assist small and minority-owned businesses.
● Helped bring the Orlando STRIVE Program and Black Orlando Tech Initiative to District 5 helping to expand economic development.
Committed to a
● Helped foster a public-private partnership that invested $9.5 million in renovating Lake Lorna Doone Park.
● Helped secure $3.5 million in Federal funds for the Orlando Walks Citywide sidewalk project which supports pedestrian transportation movements.
● Advocated and secured a $1.9 million investment into Raleigh Street Sewer improvements. This project, which was completed in June, has replaced the water and expanded the sanitary sewer lines.
ABOUT REGINA HILL
Commissioner Regina I. Hill is a proven leader and advocate for the residents of District 5 and the City of Orlando. Born in Tavares, Florida, she grew up in the Parramore area of Orlando and was a student in the Orange County Public School System. With a desire to serve her nation, Regina I. Hill enlisted in the United States Navy. After her time in the United States Navy, Commissioner Hill aided individuals for 25 years as a nurse. Throughout her two-term tenure as a City Commissioner thus far, Commissioner Hill has been active in developing community-enriching projects, policies, and proactive solutions that have brought results to District 5. These projects and solutions have been responsible for creating more affordable housing units for low-income families, creating new high-paying jobs, and offering new educational opportunities to all District 5 residents. Commissioner Hill is proud of the work that has been accomplished so far and is excited to continue this work into her third term.
Commissioner Hill’s tenacity, dedication and hard work leads her to be recognized, honored and involved in the following:
AWARDS, HONORS & RECOGNITIONS
- President Barack Obama Humanitarian Award
- Orlando City Magazine “50 Most Powerful Women”
- Omega Psi Phi “Citizen of the Year”
- Orlando Light Brigade “Global Peace Network” honoree
- Butterfly Transformation Outreach Partnership
- Parramore Kidz Zone Baby Institute
- Orlando Minority Youth Golf Association
- ONYX Magazine
Caribbean Health Summit • Co-Chair
Salvation Army Advisory Board • Board Member
Courtney Project • Honorary Board Member
National League of Cities • Honorary Board Member
For Orlando, Florida City Commissioner District 5
Vote Regina Hill
Election Day is November 2, 2021
Committed to Orlando: District 5
Help re-elect Regina Hill for Orlando City Commissioner District 5 by signing up to volunteer with our campaign.